Monday, March 8, 2010

It Turns Out "Do You Know The Muffin Man" Is Just A Great Tune

Many in attendance at Armageddon Fighting Championships II this past Saturday left the show believing that main-event winner Kalib Starnes (9-4-1) had chosen the children's song "Do You Know The Muffin Man" for his walk-out music as a not-so-subtle dig at his opponent, Marcus Hicks (10-19), for weighing in ten pounds overweight.

As it turns out, it was Kalib's daughter who chose the song, presumably simply because it totally rocks, which, undeniably, it does. In fact, I was even informed that Kalib explained all this in the ring right after the fight. On behalf of the media, our bad.

A direct quote from TopMMANews' forum:

I wasn’t making fun of him with the “Muffin Man” song. My seven year old daughter picked my entry music that night, and so that’s what you get.

I have nothing but respect for him for getting in the ring and I wish him the best.

Unfortunately he couldn’t make weight. I think he outweighed me by 20 lbs, so I shared a piece of cheesecake with him at the weigh ins just to make light of the situation. We ended up fighting an exhibition at a catch-weight of 200 lbs.

Still, even Kalib would probably have to admit that if a fighter was intending to mock his opponent for missing weight, this would be a hilarious song to accomplish that with.

No comments:

Post a Comment