Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Canadian Krzysztof Soszynski Talks Fighting Stephan Bonnar at UFC 110 (Feb. 20th)


In an interview with Joshua Carey of BleacherReport.com, Krysztof "The Polish Experiment" Soszynski (18-9-1, 3-1 UFC), who is arguably Canada's very best MMA light-heavyweight, talks about his upcoming fight with Stephan "The American Psycho" Bonnar (11-6, 5-5 UFC).

It will be a tough fight for both men as each is coming off a loss and both have well-rounded skills. Their fight occurs on the under card at UFC 110: Nogueria vs. Velasquez on February 20th, which means the loser's job will more-than-likely be in jeopardy.

Excerpted From Soszynski's comments (Full Article):

“Full camp is fantastic. I had 14 weeks to get ready for this fight. After the Brandon Vera fight, I had to go through elbow surgery and I had 11 bone chips removed from my elbow...It’s like I have a new elbow. I can do everything with it and it hasn’t bothered me at all. The doctor did a great job on it and I’m ready 100%...I’ve been training with Vera, Phil Davis, Lew Polley and Travis Brown who’s a monster...Dan Henderson - I’ve been working with him twice a week on my wrestling and his great clinch game. That’s where I’m learning my uppercuts and dirty boxing...I’m not expecting to go into this fight and win this fight in the first or second round. Most likely this is going to be a brutal fight, a lot of blood everywhere on both sides...I’ve watched many of Bonnar’s fights and he is very technical, durable, has a great jiu jitsu game, very long and lanky, and has good hands as well...I can finish him on the ground. If I push him hard enough, I could break him too and you know."



UFC 110: Nogueira ve. Velasquez Full-Card:

Main event:

HW: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez

Main Card:

MW: Michael Bisping vs. Wanderlei Silva
LHW: Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
LW: Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
HW: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Ben Rothwell

Under Card:

LHW: Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman
LHW: Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
WW: Brian Foster vs. Chris Lytle
MW: CB Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic
LHW: James Te Huna vs. Igor Pokraja

No comments:

Post a Comment