Thursday, November 19, 2009

Attention All Degenerate Gamblers


That's right, I'm talking to you Mr." I-Have-A-Good-Feeling-This-Time."

Not that I'm judging, of course. Most of my best friends are degenerate gamblers and I've been known to dabble in the delicate art of sports betting myself. Well, if you're like the rest of us, you might appreciate this site.

It's a blog called Beat The Books and it's run by a good friend of mine from my debauched, grossly misspent years as a university student. Each day, he and his co-conspirator scour the oddsmakers' lines for the two bets that they feel have the most value. Each pick features a short, but extremely detailed write-up to justify their decisions. They make picks in a variety of sports, but basketball fans will appreciate Beat The Books' obvious interest in NBA and college ball action.

Currently, their record stands at 21-9 (%70), which means that, if you'd been following their advice all along, you'd probably have more money right now than you actually do. In interest of a bit of friendly rivalry, I'd like to point out that my own MMA prediction record of 115-65 (%63.9) and 14-4 (%77.8) in main events was compiled while picking every fight on various cards. As such, I did not benefit from selective predicting. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

Love the site, guys. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment