Monday, November 23, 2009

KOTC Catalyst: Main Event Primer For Vernon Fights


On their official website, King Of The Cage Canada has posted a great preview of the main event for their Catalyst show, which goes down in Vernon this Saturday, Nov. 28th. It's a rematch between Ryan Chiappe (4-5), who trains at the highly-respected Team Revolution that's based out of B.C.'s lower mainland, and his opponent, Jason Volpe (5-2). Their fight on Saturday will be for the KOTC Canada middleweight title and is a do-over of their July title fight, which was awarded to Volpe after he received an unintentional eye-poke from Chiappe and was unable to continue. In an extremely classy move, Volpe then refused to accept the belt, opting instead to settle the score at a later date.

The KOTC Article gives a lot more background information and I highly recommend a read to anyone who may be attending the show in Vernon or who is interested in B.C. MMA. Here's a quote from Chiappe that's found in the article:

"I'm not a rule maker, judge or a ref, but all I know I was that I was in complete control of the fight," said Chiappe, when asked recently to comment on his first bout with Volpe. "I thought it was close to being finished, but I guess the complaint was that he got poked in the eye. We got stood up and he was given the choice to continue or go on. I think he took the easy way out. That's not really for me to say though. I'm looking to the future now not the past."

No comments:

Post a Comment